Thread: Brake Pads.
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2010, 09:52 PM
Insufficient registration

jEstEr? knows their stuff

Very unimprezed by their stopping ability, the amount of dust they throw out (for a "dustless" pad) and the noise they produce. You need to stomp on them from time to time to stop them from squealing like a stuck pig. That said they did work from cold.

Have used Froddo Baggins DS2500's on my 323 and currently in my Alcons, they are a good pad but cost quite a bit these days (I think they figured out they were popular and jacked the price) and required me to left foot brake out of my driveway and 100m down the street to get enough heat into them in the 323 (two pots) so i didn't end up in the middle of a highway. After that they were fine and gave nice intial bite and held on ok. In the GX I put them in because they were recommended by the maker of my 2 piece discs. Have been ok in hillclimb short stuff but haven't really given them a good, repeated thrashing. Still a little skeptical they will be good enough for 6+ laps of barbs

Have used Endless M60, they are ex Indy car pads. The braking was phenominal, even from cold you would go through the window if you looked at the brake pedal at a funny angle straight out of the garage on a -10 degree day. Very aggressive though, went straight through my fancy expensive Alcon disks in under a dozen laps of Collie

Have also used the old Race Brakes RBComp9, I believe these are rebranded QFM pads. These are cheap, work very well. Dusty of course but the dust means they are working.

Put QFM A1RM in the back of my car currently, they work fine. Put them in the front of Shannons GC8, they were awesome. Coupled with some rcomps they were fantastic. She turned Ds2000's to wood in half a dozen laps of Collie, the QFM's didn't fade all day. Pretty quiet too.

I know Stace is a big fan of the tried and tested Ferrodo DS3000 pad and DBA 5000 disc combo, they take a beating but the cost is h00ge.

QFM A1RM would be my bet. They are dirt cheap but a really good austrlian product. I'm still trying to convince them to make me a set for the alcons