View Single Post
Old 15-05-2010, 10:40 AM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

GTB Liberty is a guruGTB Liberty is a guru

All the issues with the repairs have been dealt with. Seems like someone at the smash repairers is going to be experience some arse kicking over the incompetence moments.

American Dave came for a ride yesterday. He placated fears (thanks Dave) I had RE dump pipe install and on a listen n cursory look determined I'm just hearing the new freer flowing noises and nothing is wrong excepting the lack of tune . ECU has well n truly reigned in the boost now with a standard 14.8-15 peaks.

The fuel economy was simply highly consistent WOT I guess being my first truly performance car I haven't quite got used to "you play you pay" in terms of fuel usage. Had a laugh to myself that even that a quick log of instantaneous fuel usage gave a high of 383 litre per 100 Km. Makes the dash display maximum of 50 look sweet. A return to urban(e) driving has led to a return to an average of approx 13.5-14l which was my previous experience.

A highlight is the 18x8 Sti Enkeis are on the way from Sydney with accompanying Rays Dura nuts. Next on the list is tune, rims n rubber install and Sti pink spring installation. Guess I'm going to have to do some brake upgrades soon. Regardless, am truly enjoying the stages of transition with the Lib