View Single Post
Old 18-05-2010, 02:04 PM
Scoobie Noobie

blitDz at standard level
Default 2009 WRX Sedan Squeaky Clutch

Hey all,

Just over the last month or so my clutch has started emitting a squeak when i press on it and depress. It sounds very similar to a hinge of a door that needs lubricant. I have had my car since January 2009 and it has done 33,000kms which is basically to and from work and too the girlfriends house. I have had it booked in 3 times now with Subaru Wangara to get it checked. The first 2 times they said they haven't been able to hear it. Today is the third attempt to take it in. Now they have looked it over and said there is something that is wrong with the car but in order to find out they need to take the gearbox out of the car. That is all good and well but they have informed me that if they find that the cause is a part not under warranty they will charge me just for looking at the car. They told me they think that there may be dust on the thrust bearing. This is not covered under warranty. My main concern is because of my lack of knowledge regarding cars i don't want to get ripped off. I am wrong in thinking that this is unfair that they are going to charge me to check up on a potential warranty claim? I have just come back off holidays so i am low on funds and thought i would run it past you guys first.

Thanks for your time.