View Single Post
Old 23-05-2010, 09:07 PM
Sign me up!
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

trainwrex at standard level

^^^^

hahah thanks Darren, yeh its got out of control it seems.

So had my first outing in the car on the track at barbagellos once it has been mechanically completed. There was 4seasons in the day sunny, windy, rainy and oily.

The biggest problem i had was trying to get the power down (pump fuel 530 whp) in some sort of fashion without the rear end trying to spin me around. The RS2s just dont have any sort of grip in the oily conditions even in the dry so i was forever slowly putting the power on or upshifting into fourth.

Even on the straights when i finally was able to put the power down in third along the main straight the rear end would always jump out and this also happened in fourth on occasion, pretty daunting when the car is travelling well over 100 clicks..

I did have many spins, one each time i went out, but these are things u need to do to see how the car behaves around the track..

The car peformed beautifully even though i could feel the brakes going after 3hot laps, so the 6pots and better pads will do wonders i think also some nice rspecs to give me the grip it really needs.

Heres a couple of videos for those that want to hear it on full noise. Its really loud on full noise and i had a headache for atleast 4 hrs once i got home. But it was definately worth it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVyOOe4h0_Y