View Single Post
Old 24-05-2010, 06:00 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

GTB Liberty is a guruGTB Liberty is a guru
Question CEL / CRUISE flashing

Guys, thought I'd throw in my CEL / cruise light flashing experience from down south this weekend. Only engine mods are the 3" dump pipe and HKS panel filter.

Mine was in cruise sitting on 110 when the cruise came off. Was just after some overtaking in 6th gear. Most interesting/scary was the water temp guage was hammered vertically RED but the ECUdatscan had it in its normal 80-90 degree C range. STILL was really worried. Lost all ability to swap SI mode as well. Pulled over and ran a CEL error check - no errors? Turn off motor, physically checked the radiator for physical temp, leaks nothing abnormal. On restart still had CEL and cruise flashing BUT dash water temp return to normal position. Still logged no CEL error codes. Drove home quietly. Water temp guage went to vertical again after a while but still read 84 C on the datascan. Car off - car on guage went back to normal. Called Dave - he told me to drive it to ASG to remove CEL but safe to drive home.

Parked car overnight, in the morning NO CEL light or cruise flashing . Back to normal - it seems. Physically checked the radiator again, still had appropriate coolant levels in all tanks including overflow tank.

However, the big screw in the passenger rear tyre this morning was a bit obvious . Changed tyres before drive home. 2 months - two "screwed" RE050As.

Drove back from Dunsborough no CEL or any issues.