View Single Post
Old 26-05-2010, 10:37 PM
Insufficient registration

jEstEr? knows their stuff

Cheers tdogz. I watched your lap and my lap side by side. My shitter is actually quicker by the end of the straights. Few reasons for that, my laps were in the dry+rcomps vs yours is in the wet+street slicks, familiarity with the car, braking ability. The biggest factor is corner speed. The most important corner on a circuit is the one before the biggest straight, so with your epic lack of traction you baby it through the corners until you have enough grip to give it some herbs. By that time i'm already 2-3 seconds ahead. With some rcomps, aggresive camber, good weather and some more laps you'll be a few seconds ahead of me no worries. Once you put your foot down you start to reel me in.

Also, get a harness bar from the US and a simple Velo 4 point, 2" harness (only Velo are Australian made, ADR approved) and I think you'll improve a lot too. The simple act of strapping yourself to the chassis makes you feel what the car is doing as it happens rather than reacting to what has already happened, by which time its too late.