View Single Post
Old 27-05-2010, 08:58 AM
Sign me up!
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

trainwrex at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM_STYLE View Post
Had to stop watching after a minute as wind is too annoying haha.

Should get some nice footage on Fri when we go!
Yeh i checked the Gopro was set on high= failz..

Quote:
Originally Posted by jEstEr? View Post
Cheers tdogz. I watched your lap and my lap side by side. My shitter is actually quicker by the end of the straights. Few reasons for that, my laps were in the dry+rcomps vs yours is in the wet+street slicks, familiarity with the car, braking ability. The biggest factor is corner speed. The most important corner on a circuit is the one before the biggest straight, so with your epic lack of traction you baby it through the corners until you have enough grip to give it some herbs. By that time i'm already 2-3 seconds ahead. With some rcomps, aggresive camber, good weather and some more laps you'll be a few seconds ahead of me no worries. Once you put your foot down you start to reel me in.

Also, get a harness bar from the US and a simple Velo 4 point, 2" harness (only Velo are Australian made, ADR approved) and I think you'll improve a lot too. The simple act of strapping yourself to the chassis makes you feel what the car is doing as it happens rather than reacting to what has already happened, by which time its too late.
Yeh as i said i thought i was only going around 180-200clicks which would be about right. This was mostly in the wet/greasy conditions i dont think i had a complete dry run all arvo.. ahaha

But yes after the exit onto the main straight, i had to baby the power on until i was completely straight as i didnt want the arse to hang out and put me into the wall..

Can you point alink to this harness bar and where it attaches to? im assuming you need to remove the rear seat to bolt it in??

Im heading to barbs next saturday with some rcomps and maybe my 6pots so will be interesting to see how i can improve in the dry hopefully..

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxey View Post
Logging for the SDL is about $1350, maybe thats what you got a price on? It's 8Mb.

I think it was for 4mb logging on the motec ecu?? ill need to confirm.. haha