View Single Post
Old 31-05-2010, 12:52 PM
Flat Four Father

urabus knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexm View Post
And also I think the main reason they are doing it is because a few other people who should be getting more than I was put up to found out and complained and it's easier to put one persona pay down than 3 peoples pay up. There's not really a problem wiith money for them as they made 16 million profit last year and have 40 million in the bank. And the gold price is just going up.
As an employer that is one of the most annoying and bullshit attitudes ever. Yes I have a nice house and yes the business makes money and yes I have cash in the bank. However if it all turns to shit I lose everything. Would you then put your hand in your pocket to help me out if times were not so good?

We have about 150 employees and we have to structure their wages under the assumption that everyone knows what everyone else earns. People just cant keep shit to themselves. Everyone is on a level and once on that level they can choose between casual / permanent depending on whether they want the extra 20% cash that casual brings with it.

At the end of the day no job should be a death sentence. If you are not happy / feel unjustly done by vote with your feet. You being unhappy in a job is not good for anyone. It is not good for you because you not happy and it is not good for the company because human nature says you are gonig to whinge to your fellow employees and bring them down to.

my 2c.

Brendon