View Single Post
Old 31-05-2010, 01:07 PM
STI Master

Trexx at standard level
Send a message via Yahoo to Trexx

Quote:
Originally Posted by urabus View Post
As an employer that is one of the most annoying and bullshit attitudes ever. Yes I have a nice house and yes the business makes money and yes I have cash in the bank. However if it all turns to shit I lose everything. Would you then put your hand in your pocket to help me out if times were not so good?

We have about 150 employees and we have to structure their wages under the assumption that everyone knows what everyone else earns. People just cant keep shit to themselves. Everyone is on a level and once on that level they can choose between casual / permanent depending on whether they want the extra 20% cash that casual brings with it.

At the end of the day no job should be a death sentence. If you are not happy / feel unjustly done by vote with your feet. You being unhappy in a job is not good for anyone. It is not good for you because you not happy and it is not good for the company because human nature says you are gonig to whinge to your fellow employees and bring them down to.

my 2c.

Brendon
True - sat in on a client meeting Friday where the employee wanted 50% of profit after break even as a bonus.

Seriously, if the business turns to shit who loses their house, car and gets to be bankrupt for 3 years - the employee gets another job.

The owner takes the risk and the reward, the employee takes a salary.

My employees take 3 payslips to the bank and get a loan, I cant do that.