View Single Post
Old 04-06-2010, 02:09 AM
Potty Training Scoobie Noobie

Pablo4President at standard level

hey i know this is an old post but well sorry.
and i have done alot of searching but from all the different threads i have read im confused and cant make up my mind D:

anyway so i just bought a 1999 wrx classic a month ago stock except for a $2800 exhaust and a k&n pod filter which is just in the engine bay. i had it serviced and my mechanic test drove it and stuff and the car jerks a bit when the turbo kicks in and he says this is because the pod filter is getting too much air and making the engine run lean? so he said i should either change it to the stock box and panel filter of my choice, im thinking apexi or i should send it to perth to get the ecu tuned or something? but that would take 3 weeks and well i couldnt go for 3 weeks without my car D: so i was convinced that i was going to change to the panel filter but then i read this thread and now im not sure what i should do? should i just get the pod placed under the guard like another thread talked about (because right now it would be sucking in some hot air right?) or will it still run lean? or should i order a pannel box and buy a pannel filter and do a resenatorectomy or put in a CIA with the stock pannel filter? for the CIA would i need to buy a new one or could i just attach some pipe from the pannel filter under the guard with the pod i have on the end? is that what a CIA is??? sorry for the long post i just really want to get my wrx's air intake sorted otherwise im always worrying about it D:

thanks