View Single Post
Old 21-06-2010, 10:25 AM
DCCD Donut Driver

ballbag at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtrally View Post
I bought a used MY94 in 1995 from Metro Motors when they were a Subaru dealer, when the facelifted MY97 was released they invited me to the launch and tried to sell me one.
At that time there was a waiting list on new WRX's and you couldn't get a discount so I refrained from ordering one although I liked the new exterior styling and interior update. A few months later in April they rang me with a story of a cancelled order on a 'Reddish Blue' that was due on the next shipment. Neither me or the dealer knew what the colour was but it was the first time a metallic blue was offered on WRX and I twisted his arm to a thou off the price. I picked it up on 20th June 1997 with 000007km on the clock. I didn't want anyone demo'ing or driving my new car so insisted they didn't even wash it.
I still have it under a cover in the garage with 51,000km on it. Since the day we got it only myself and my wife have driven it. It's never been back to a dealer. I've serviced it myself since day 1. The only non original parts are the battery and the BBS rims.
Original brake pads, clutch exhaust and radio/cassette remain!
Brought a tear to me eye.

Flew to melb from Syd to pick up a stock MY94 (first run) last year with 98,500 kms on it. Met the seller at the airport at midnight, did a quick check on the car in the dark and drove 1000km home.

I'm 35 now and plan to be driving this thing to lawn bowls in 40 years time.