View Single Post
Old 28-06-2010, 12:54 PM
Sign me up!
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

trainwrex at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by nauli View Post
Like JME said Tino, I think you either need to pump/modify the guards or get 235 tyres.
By constantly raising the rear you're also going to upset the rake of the car...ie you will be getting nose heavy braking into corners which will enhance understeer. You really need to have something like 230-235 mm rear with 250-255 mm front to have a reasonable balance (the measurements are from centre of hub to top of guard arch).
Plus you don't really want to go more than -2 deg on the rear camber.

Looking at the pics of the car, the major problem seems to be that the rim offset is a bit aggressive...what are they +38/+40-ish? Also are they an 8 or 8.5?

I think the car is lower than those measurements to begin with so i may have some room to increase the height a little without affect braking...

Yeh the rims are really aggressive more than i would have liked they are 18x8.5 +30 but the 245 rcomps arent doing me any favours also..

Quote:
Originally Posted by EXPLICIT View Post
They need to be pulled mate, rolling isn't enough. It can be done, means cutting the guards, adding some more meat, i.e. pumping them out. I don't think the 05+ sti stick on guards will do the job either. You only need probably 20mm width, but it will mean some massaging work to be undertaken.

Jme if u know of someone that can do this send me a pm as all the enquires ive made have put me into a dead end..