View Single Post
Old 10-07-2010, 12:20 PM
DCCD Donut Driver

peppe at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstasy View Post
Could only narrow it down to two things; fuel / ignition

I had some similair difficulties with my car, turned out to be bad/contaminated fuel.

I dropped my fuel and filled up with some fresh 98 Ultimate (you might find that when your fuel tank is sitting low in the weather we're encountering at the moment; some water will settle in the tank - working it's way through your fuel system) coupled with checking coils + changed to some fresh NGK platinums. Also gave the AFM a clean with CRC NF Contact Cleaner. Since then it's been running fine. Wouldn't hurt to check over your fuel filters either.

As for the Apexi pod - is it oiled? Although this may not be applicable in the above case(s) - if you have a CAI like mine where the pod runs in-guard; it does become saturated in the colder weather as dew has a tendency to settle on the filter itself, saturating it and allowing water to be inducted into the turbocharger. That has also caused my car to be jerky and occasionally stall on the colder mornings too.
yeah its got new spark plugs platinum ones, yeah gave airflow a clean the jerking has gone but now it wont boost past 6psi now instead of 14psi