View Single Post
Old 16-07-2010, 01:34 AM
STI Master

mrclubspecevo4 at standard level
Default What would you do if you were in charge of Subaru Tuning Australia?

Just finished reading an article in the new Tarmac Magazine about TMR tuned Evolution X's. It has got ne thinking.

If for agruements sake, Subaru Tuning Australia existed (let's think of it as a rival to TMR) what sort of tuning packages would you offer to the public, full factory warranty and sold through the Subaru dealerships?

Mine would look something like this:

Model one: WRX as per stock specs

Model two: ClubSpec version. This is where the tuning comes in as the ClubSpec name means more to me than just a limited colour, leather seats and sunroof (nothing too clubby about it really, more luxury)
Package would include: Full exhaust system, ecu reflash/remap, uprated brake pads and recalibrated springs (suspension).

Model three: Tuned by STi. As above but with addition of STi spec brakes (rotors and calipers), lightweight wheels and r-spec tyres, uprated swaybars and optional bolt-in half cage/fire extinguisher/harnesses

Model four: STi as per stock specs

Model five: Sti Spec R (now getting serious and remember, this would be factory warranty and need to meet ADR and Tarmac rules)
As per STi with the addition of Spec C type brake system (larger rotors and calipers), lightweight wheels and r-spec tyres, coilover suspension, full exhaust, MoTeC M800 plug in ecu and adjustable diff controller, bolt in cage, harnesses and extinguishers

I think that the models above suit the 'ClubSpec', 'Tuned By STi' and 'Spec R' better than the current limited run models that are aimed more at luxury than what most of us end up using our cars for; performance.

I think a move in this direction would help bring Subaru back to the front of the que when people are choosing a drive to work during the week and play-thing on the weekend.

Your thoughts?