View Single Post
Old 18-07-2010, 12:07 AM
WRX Hi Five Club

jungleboy at standard level

I've been messing around with the ECU mapping(maf scaling) for a while now with my process west CAI. I must admit that I've had to scale down most of the lower flow rates to get a "global" fuel adjustment close to 0. But I've got decapped injectors which can also have an effect on things.

I'm thinking maybe I should swap back to the stock air box to see if I can get the same boost with less wastegate duty cycle, if I can, that would mean the stock airbox is less of a restriction.

I'm starting to believe that there is only a few percent(if any) to be gained with a cold air intake. If that is the case, it would only be worth upgrading to a cold air intake when you max out the flow rate on your stock airbox. Process west now offer a 72mm CAI version(compared to the stock 65mm unit) if you ever get to that point.

If anyone’s interested, I'm at about 330g/sec @ 20psi with an avo450s and the max the stock airbox will flow is 350g/sec. So you would either need to run a lot more boost on a gt28 based turbo or maybe even the same boost on a gt30 turbo to max the stock airbox out.