View Single Post
Old 02-08-2010, 05:58 PM
Subaru Tech Division

apg39 at standard level
Default GB: Sloppy 5MT shifter upgrade - EOI

Group buy status: EOI
Item Description and Details: Turninconcepts upgraded linkage for 5MT to fix your sloppy shifting. (Obviously Manual transmission only)
Pricing conditions and structure: TBA - should be <$150
Pick-up/shipping options and costs: TBA
Closing date of EOI/group buy: TBA
Estimated delivery date: TBA

Does your shifter lifelessly flop side to side? Trouble shifting into gears easily? Feel like you are rowing a boat sometimes?

I've had a shockingly sloppy shifter since the day I bought this car. I recently replaced the lower bushings which made everything a little tighter...but still floppy like an 80 year old man's diddle. When the missus wobbled the gear knob straight away I could see the problem was actually in the linkage, heaps of sideways play because the bushings were nearly 9 years old & completely deteriorated! The link was just sliding side to side.

On the left is a new OEM linkage, right is a worn out one...looks exactly like mine. (Pic shows the link with a spring return hole which I don't have)

The only problem is, we can't just replace the bushings as the top half is riveted in...meaning we unfortunatley need to replace the whole linkage. I stumbled across the TiC upgraded linkage, with a bolt on both sides so both sets of bushes can be replaced when they wear out. The bushes are also a stiffer item from TiC too so will last longer & give a more crisp gear change.

Here's the TiC item:

Speaking with Nick @ Entra, he is willing to put together a Group Buy if there is sufficient interest. Let us know if you are keen.

INTERESTED PARTIES:
apg39
strubaru

Last edited by apg39; 02-08-2010 at 06:16 PM.