View Single Post
Old 05-08-2010, 11:01 PM
Subaru Tech Division

astralex knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to astralex

So I've been a bit lazy, and also haven't really had any happy snaps to upload, however tonight I received a few batches of photos from the cars visit to my suspension and brakes mechanic. After contemplating Brembo brakes, I just couldn't quite justify stretching the budget any further, so have once again gone for RDA rotors, fairly similar to the ones that were on the car for 6 or 7 years. Never had any problems with them in the past so slapped them on, along with some 'green stuff' pads. Have also replaced every single bush, mount, and everything else that looks red or yellow or rubbery under the car. At the same time also had coilovers put in to replace the standard strut assembly units. From what I've heard, it's quite a lovely car to drive now. :P

Anyway, tomorrow the car is being taken to the panel beater to have all of the dents taken out similarly to how the DingKing or something like that would be done, and what can't be taken out this way will get done by any other means necessary. Also having the bonnet, front bar, front guards and spoiler taken back and resprayed to remove stone chips, etc.

Tomorrow I plan on talking to ASG about cosworth cams, as from what I've read, they are the local supplier, and am also in the process of picking up a twin scroll turbo from my 'parts supplier' (Heh)

Anyway, that's just a brief update into the progress so far, and I shall keep you all informed as time passes.

Cheers, Alex.