View Single Post
Old 06-08-2010, 04:55 PM
Scoobie Noobie

whiskers at standard level

The XPT map is a a US company who makes a map for a ADM 01 WRX (my car) with all my mods except the higher CR. It cost just under $100, has been tuned for aust fuel, has great reviews and i believe would be a better starting point than a free US map. It uses my same stock ECU

I am hoping i only have to 'butcher' the timing/noost tables which means paying $100 for the other fine tuned tables.

Rossco, didnt know STI used ej207, i thought it was just in the auto legacys, ill have to research that and have a look at the stock maps compared to mine.

Jungleboy, way ahead of you.. i have been logging/learningveiw for months now. Just after a ecu reset, i have record fuel correction being max 5% out only in the lower ranges and maximum reduced timing -2.11 at around 2000rpm only never at higher RPM. (timing is probably abit high in lower rpms) I thought this meant serious knocking so i took it to a tuner and with his ecutek software old me its all fine and not to worry about it. Since then, the ECU has learnt and i am running max 3% fuel correction and maybe -1, -0.7 correction in the same lower range.

If the ecu shows max 3%ish fuel correction now with the stock map and with my engine in i cant see how a tuned map (given i follow the intake requirements exactly) would change it. Therefore proving the high flow heads/higher CR doesn't throw off my fuel correct? So i shouldnt need to mess with the A/F or MAF tables.. correct? lol

I havnt done any tuning, i would like to learn tho and i am the kind of guy who likes to research every option before making a step. Hence reading everything related and asking other with more knowledge than me your guys!! lol