View Single Post
Old 13-08-2010, 11:08 AM
Subaru Tech Division

astralex knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to astralex

Oh hai all, so I've been sent some photos of the buzz box's trip to the panel shop, while it's not yet completed, I thought I might share none the less. We had one of those paintless dent removal mobs to come out and clean up the carpark dents along the car (there was a decent amount, damn uni students just haven't a clue!)

Heh, I think the wing's been there a while...

The 22B replica wing had also seen better days with a lot of the clear coat deciding it had had enough and disappearing, along with the wing bit itself starting to form cracks. So the wing itself has been stripped back and refibreglassed or something like that, I really don't know for certain.

Along with that the front bar, bonnet and both front guards are being stripped back to get rid of all of the stone chips. The lip and foggie covers are being painted today from what I'm aware, so perhaps on the weekend I might get some happy snaps of those, or if all goes to plan, the car in one piece again!

In other breaking news, I've snagged a twin scroll turbo, for those of you on here that are fairly sneaky, you might recognise the snail. It is a IHI VF28 with a larger Garrett wheel and back-cut turbine and has a P25 housing off a VF36.