View Single Post
Old 17-08-2010, 01:36 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

FEI-STi_REX at standard level
Default Car Shudder, please look.

Hi everyone.

Now, this has been bothering me ever since I bought the car... Don't care too much for it but I would definitely like to know what causes it or how to remedy it.

Car is an MY06 STI.

When I either;

1. Reverse out of a driveway.
2. Pull into a driveway.

And have the steering wheel turned on either one lock or full lock or really any angle and take my foot off the clutch to gain some momentum the car shudders and it's really uncomfortable. It will also happen if I decide to step on the gas a little bit too so my foot doesn't have to have contact whatsoever with the clutch for it to happen.

I have since ruled out any clutch problem. - Don't hesitate to correct me though as I'm no mechanic.

When I reverse out of or pull into a driveway straight though this shuddering does not happen.

PLEASE NOTE: This is when the car's DCCD is set to [AUTO].

I have spoken to a few people and have been told this is not normal.

I have also taken it to MMS for them to look at when I had it serviced last but it didn't happen. We took it around the workshop for a drive but it just didn't happen for some reason but it's EXTREMELY noticeable when it's at my place or the missus' place.

One thing I have noticed though... When I set the DCCD to all the way back and set to full green, this shuddering disappears!

Any thoughts or suggestions as to what it may be people? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I have searched on here upside down and inside out and have found nothing similar, please help!

Andrew