View Single Post
Old 23-08-2010, 09:44 AM
Sign me up!
///M3

Jimmy S at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kato View Post
Yeah looking at some of the results, there were about half a dozen seats 'won' by the Coalition, yet with the preference votes Labor ends up taking those seats.

To me, most people who voted for another party should be aware which major party they are actually voting for. Plus it seems a bit harsh for the other people running in a seat with a Green and Labor candidate as the Labor candidate is essentially getting a lot of free votes. Especially in this election where a lot of people have voted for Green in the HoR.

Same with the overall votes, only when you add up the ALP and Green votes does Labor get the 50.x%.
+ 1

This is why this hung parliament/close election rubbish is so annoying! Because the fact is, Labor have nowhere near the support that it appears they do! It is just because of the Green's preferences that they are even in the race, and I blame all the "enviro-retards" who think that a vote for the Green's is going to save the trees/whales/planet/whatever...

I am all for preservation of the planet and animals etc, but IMO the stupid ideas and policies which the Green's stand for FAR outweigh any positive changes to how our government treats the environment!

'04 E46 S/C M3 Coupe