View Single Post
Old 24-08-2010, 07:52 AM
STI Master

Bob at standard level

Interesting thoughts....
Greens preferences go to Labor so a Green vote is a Labor vote. If the intention is to protest against Labor I'd say the theory is somewhat flawed.

IMO if the Libs were on their game and had some sort of plausible solid policy and at least a 12m track record as a decent opposition then they would have been a clear winner at the polls. There are still a lot of doubtful voters out there that think Abbott / Coalition are not up for the job yet. There seem to be a lot of Lib members patting Abbott on the back. I'd say he fell far short of taking the gift PM spot.

The swing away from Labor , given that they had a very clear majority in the last election is a damn good indication the swinging public has had enough. Factor in the Female PM to the equation and that's probably why they saved a few seats. Clearly The Ranga was a tactical move (and very risky) at attempting to save a sinking ship.

My only disappoint from the election is the lack of independent candidates. Given the current state of politics this is an ideal opportunity for the public to have a real say.

To the members that did get in......Shape the fuck up and run the country properly.