View Single Post
Old 24-08-2010, 12:41 PM
Potty Training Scoobie Noobie

cameltoemcgee at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by EXPLICIT View Post
As long as there is a financial system nothing will change the abuse or controlling rights for the greater good of 'mankind'. Given a 'vast' majority of the masses are not in the business of risk management to better themselves be it personally or financially, the world of politics and financial institutions will always reign supreme.

Power corrupts, and those that want to live a better life will chase it, those that don't want to worry or take a chance, will go with the flow and bitch and moan.

This is the reality of today's society.
You mean to say, as long as the "financial system" is in control of our rights, then nothing will change.
I think the vast majority is not aware of what is actually happening. Power certainly does corrupt, those that want to change the world to make it how they see fit will always chase it, and the people who want to just live their lives in peace will not, so the balance is always stacked in favour of the people who chase it.
That doesn't mean its everyones nature, the founding fathers of america put specific instructions in the constitution to stop the people who chase power from gaining too much of it, but sadly those ideals have gone by the wayside due to a myriad of things that have happened, but i think if ever there was a chance at it working and making people aware of it, it would be now, because you're average bloke has access to all the information he could ever need to make an informed decision at his fingertips... until the filter comes in that is....