View Single Post
Old 16-08-2005, 11:06 AM
Sir AntiLag

Darren at standard level
Send a message via MSN to Darren

Excedy Clutch plate installed

Excedy Pressure plate installed

I've done about 200kms now with the new setup and it is still making me smile everytime. I haven't beaten up on the clutch yet (until it beds in a little) but in gear it feels strong and smooth. The shudder is gone and the clutch pedal still remains extremely light.

As for the flywheel, I'm really impressed with how easy it is to operate. I was concerned that it would be more difficult to get off the line and stop start traffic etc but it's been an absolute joy. Revs pick up so much quicker now it's amazing, in turn helping with turbo spool. Also it seems eaiser to engage the gears when going up, because the revs drop faster and allow the syncros to work more efficently. I recommend this mod to everyone!

As for the centre diff, it has transformed the way my car handles. Drive is proportioned between front and rear equally now and has reduced understeer significantly!! I can't give a quantitive report on the mod though because of the centre diff failure before this diff went in. Guess I'll really know it's worth at the next MC's.

Sorry for the long post but I hope this helps with anyone wanting to venture down this road.

I really want to thank Stacey (for his time, efforts and generosity), Abdus (for the use of the workshop and his time) and especially Jim from Bluestar Mechanicals for his time. You guys are legends and it's my shout next time I see ya!!

Darren

Last edited by technik_wrx; 16-08-2005 at 12:51 PM.