View Single Post
Old 24-08-2010, 08:02 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

mARC at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVRENUF View Post
For quality you really need to x 4 your budget ,

A good quality amp will set you back about 2k and good set of fronts will cost you 2k

Rears are not so important, Just a set of ceiling mounted speakers,
Agree with you up until the last statement 'but this would be dependant on where your roof mounted speakers are positioned i.e position slightly back from where you would be sitting, angled down and towards the front etc'.

From my car audio experience rear fill adds for a more 3D audio experience as with a predominantly front stage set up it sounds like the sound is 'for lack of a better word', imprisoned there.

Like anything audio you can go nuts with it or be practical. I don't see any real need for overkill at home as its not as if you can db drag race with the house next door, but you can get fined for disturbing the peace

Bro-in-law has an outrageous home theatre set up 'excess 20k on 7speakers, amp, screen and 1080 projector', sounds awesome but its not like he's ever going to use it for its designed purpose, being more practical he would have been able to have purchased a fully pimped out seating arrangement and put some cash into sound proofing.

Each to their own, with what ever direction they choose though.

Last edited by mARC; 24-08-2010 at 08:09 PM.