View Single Post
Old 25-08-2010, 06:47 AM
STI Master

perthzed at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossco View Post
I rate the ONKYO receivers....

I've had Denon, pioneer,phony & Merantz.

The Onkyo tx-sr606 I now have trumps them all.
7 driven channels + sub
4 x HDMI
in built video upscaling to 1080i
dual zone capable

Onkyo : http://www.us.onkyo.com/model.cfm?m=...s=Receiver&p=f

It features Audyssey 2 auto room Eq utilizing a special Microphone.

"The Audyssey 2EQ process takes about 10 minutes, during which time the receiver sends test tones to all of the speakers and sub. The Onkyo TX-SR606 then adjusts the channel volume level and time delay settings for each speaker, the speaker "sizes," and subwoofer crossover settings. The Audyssey 2EQ also provides equalization corrections to the speakers and sub, which we felt significantly improved the sound of our Aperion Intimus 5B Harmony SD satellite/subwoofer system. The auto setup was just as accurate as our manual setup."

It supports all current formats: including DTS-HD, Dolby true HD, dolby & dts Master.

You can load it down to 3 ohms a channel for 210 watt per channel output (x 7)
It also has the ability to bi-amp whatever front speakers you go for to total 420 watt per channel @ 3 ohm's.

Mine is driving a 5.1 speaker stack using Db Dynamic's Vega F45 6 ohm bi-amped front floor standers, matching centre & surrounds with a 400 watt active sub.

It's enough to rattle the windows in the other end of the house....with clarity!

Jb have this; the TX-sr608 is the new update of the 606 I have. it has more HDMI inputs & THX processing.
http://www.jbhifi.com.au/jb-hi-fi-ho...ver-sku-90608/

Spend your $$ on a good receiver now, rather than having to re-buy later.
Yeah I spotted this model TXSr308 & the reviews seem pretty good. More within my budget than the Tx-SR608