View Single Post
Old 25-08-2010, 10:00 AM
Sign me up!
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

trainwrex at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by cameltoemcgee View Post
No buses run at the time i go to work, i could cycle i guess but it'd take me 2 hours and i'd rather not.

I'm well aware that i'm selfish to some extent, everyone is, i don't feel good about it sometimes but i'm removed enough from suffering to be able to put it out of my mind.
I'm not a saint, some people would say i'm a worse person than most because i'm well aware of whats going on but i choose to not let it effect my life. maybe i'm just justifying my own selfish existence but i think that fighting in the sense that i renounce my possesions and go and help the people or be an activist is not going to help in the long term, it doesn't change anyone who can make a difference's mind.
The people who can make a difference to how the world is run are the people in the developed countries who have the ability to choose who runs their country. So i keep trying to get through to them.
As i said before, if you can prove me wrong, please do. Show me the evidence, i'm not close minded, i think for myself and these are the conclusions i've drawn after all my research.
If you cant do it yourself then you cant expect to imprint your views on others... Thats called Judaism....

Not saying you feel guilty changes that at all...

Maybe you should look at the poor and homeless in your own Country and even your own state before trying to make comment on other countries issues..

and get a moped or cheaper form of transport... Making excuses dosent make it right..