View Single Post
Old 27-08-2010, 07:43 PM
Potty Training Scoobie Noobie

R3X at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVRENUF View Post
Hey mate I have been wanting to join, However I dont think i would be able to keep up with the amount of required times you need to turn up and shoot.

Its more of a when i have time thing.

EDIT: Just realised this is old thread.

Generally I just goto Lone Rangers with a couple mates. Being we have special Access we are lucky enough to get the gun un teathered to the chain so full free use (as in not chained or restricted in anyway) which is great.

Not having enough time seems to be most people issues with not being able to shoot. Within IPSC the requirement for you to turn up is for the 1st month or couple of weekes while you do your holster course, but then that is also dependent on the club that you join, cause every club has a different training schedule. But after you done your course, unless you have a firearm supported by them there is no need for you to turn up a set number of times. But if you have a firearm supported by them then by law your required to use that gun at least six times in a year in a competition. But than each clubs have a different set of bylaws which might state you have to turn up more often, most clubs I think say you have to turn up once every 8 weeks.

Been to Lone Rangers a couple of times with my gun, but you can't do rapid fire cause they say you can only shoot a shot per second, otherwise you have a guy come down and bang on your door. With Lone rangers it doesn't really matter if the gun is chained or not cause you only have one target in front of you.

I didn't want to start another thread about the same topic so I thought I'd just add on to the old one.