View Single Post
Old 04-09-2010, 03:35 PM
Scoobie Noobie

holdenz88 at standard level

Good point re: drink driving. Perhaps drink drivers should get their cars seized as well. Blow 0.08 (or maybe even 0.05) and say goodbye to your car for 28 days (first offence).
Personally, my own view is there should be a strict tolerance on speed enforcement - go over the speed by 1km and expect an infringement notice. Put speed cameras on every street. Haha... ok I guess that is over the top, but maybe over the top is needed when you look at the number of people killed on the roads. But there needs to be some leniency from the government, that leniency could be no monetary penalties (fines) for any infringement. Rather, just use demerit points without the fine. Clock up enough demerits and say goodbye to your licence. At least then the public would say it is about road safety and not simply revenue raising. Enough of my personal comments! If you haven't filled out my little survey please go ahead. Also if anyone is a member of the 'other' car club website, can someone post the link on that site if that's allowed?
cheers