View Single Post
Old 07-09-2010, 04:28 PM
DCCD Donut Driver

ACE at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichX View Post
I am using Hydroxycut at the moment - If you sit on your ass all day doing nothing, you won't notice any difference.
Hydroxycut is an interesting one, some people swear by it, others find it useless. Have you wondered if the reason for your good results comes down to a change in training and diet/nutrition?

At the end of the day, Hydroxycut is high in caffeine and has Thermogenic properties. What does that mean?

Well basically a thermogenic works to increase your core body temperature slighty – ie, if your body is generating more heat then theoretically you are burning more energy. The caffeine has two functions – to increase your heart rate and add to hydroxycut’s thermogenic properties, whilst also acting as a diuretic. 75% of your body is water, so if you increase your urine levels this can help to shed weight in the form of excess fluid.

I have used Hydroxycut and found it to be a bloody expensive placebo. For a similar effect try a concoction of coffee, green tea and half a tablet of aspirin. This tastes like crap but worked much better for me in a cutting phase than any weight loss product, at a fraction of the price.

Remember that fat loss and muscle gain are mutually exclusive – that is, your body is either in an anabolic (muscle growth) or catabolic (muscle/fat loss) state – that’s why body builders will bulk for a few months and then cut to get the best results from their training.

Read lots, sleep lots, eat well and lift heavy. Simple.