Thread: Heads VS Heads
View Single Post
Old 09-09-2010, 08:18 PM
Subaru Tech Division

[REXPLOIT] at standard level
Send a message via MSN to [REXPLOIT]

Cheers lads...

I was asking because of advice received from MSR, (below), means the bottom end would be all tickedy-boo, then its just a case of getting the heads serviced, new cams and associated bits, and piecing it all back together:

Hi Brent,

I can use your bottom end and put another crank and set of rods in it, hone, recoat the pistons skirts, spec c rods, crank with my oiling mods, bearings, coat pistons, rings, assemble, hose, deck blocks. Can freight it back for 100, sent a few over there.

If you can pull it right down, just send cases, bolts, and pistons, oil cooler would be 2 boxes on Aust post .

264's is as big as i would go, issues are the small port heads???, if you can find a set of 03-05 wrx avcs heads they are big port, cams in those, they are shimless buckets too.

It does make me want to head this way. Seems fairly hassle free, once I can sort the other niggles out:

* Stace, on your reply, would you recommend OEM over Cossie head gaskets?
* Will the Sti OEM 10mm oil pump be enough? (New one I meant)
* Finding L19 11mm Cossie head studs.
* Finding a solution to the 264 vs 272 debate.

Trying to find enough info, regarding power/safety, where in the rev ranges this power is going to come on, ease of tuning, reliability, and lastly, (although not of uber importance - economy... )

Stace, I already have WB unlocked... And a Bosch LSU 4.2 sensor in the pipe... You know this.

Sigh... but things are moving in the right direction.

Brent.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]