View Single Post
Old 12-09-2010, 09:46 AM
Scoobie Noobie

crizz11 at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soksta View Post
Good news, it works!

Tested with a 160gb hdd set to fat32, usb Y splitter cable & the 12v to usb cigarette lighter adapter.

Most usb hard drives come with with a Y splitting cable, in case you need one they can be found on deal extreme.

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.10708

Most Harvey Norman, Tandy, Dick Smith Electronics & phone stores should have those 12v to usb adapters, I picked one up for $15.00 from the local Harvey Norman.

It was mentioned already, but ntfs partitions can't be read by the stereo.

Might be worth mentioning that I only sat in the drive way when I tested this, I have no idea how well a usb hard drive will cope with the vibrations and knocks that go with daily driving.

I was hoping to stay around a bit longer this morning so that any one who wanted to, could have a close look of the car.

Will be at the meet point a bit early tomorrow so feel free to come up and have a look!
Thanks for testing and reporting that, good to hear that it works. If it is a laptop 2.5" hard drive it should handle the ride fine they have good shock protection built in. Is it slow to start up cos its reading in so much or was it fine?