View Single Post
Old 14-09-2010, 06:12 PM
Subaru Tech Division

apg39 at standard level

STi engine & tranny mounts, AVO upgraded wastegate & various shifter bushings installed.

Engine & tranny mounts have tightened everything up nicely - car starts straight away, less movement, no 'bouncing' when car goes from a standing start or cruising to accelerating at low speed. No noticeable extra noise, only a bit but it's a good noise & the exhaust is still a bit louder anyway. Tranny mount was a piece of piss to install, engine mounts...not so much. The passenger side was pretty easy, the drivers side was a real pain. Ended up removing my headers to get better access & actually remove the stock one (normal UEL headers should be fine).

Shifter now shifts smoothly & crisply. Swapped the shifter out for a stock one, the one that was in there was a DIY hack job - no bushings, holes redrilled & parts cut out.....dodgey. I'll post a pic soon.

Wastegate is nice, 100% easier to installed than the stock one. Very stiff & looks great. Haven't had a chance to give it a good run though because the vacuum line kept popping off the BOV & I didn't want to overboost the engine.