View Single Post
Old 15-09-2010, 07:27 PM
DCCD Donut Driver

ratpack at standard level
Default Thought I would say hello at last...

Lurked here last couple of weeks, viewing the scenery.

I compete in the WA Rally Championship in a Black '04 C Spec, built by (for) Roman Watkins, who did not spare the $$$ during the build. Pretty much has the entire Possum Bourne catalogue on the car, from their $3.5k CF air intake to their DCCD controller and diffs... seen invoices from the build heading towards the $180k mark... Spent most of 2010 sorting the lack of maintenance that the car suffered after it left Roman's ownership - new steering rack, new front diff, new centre diff, new rear diff, new C Spec control arms, rebuild MCA's etc...

Previously owned a Bug Eye STi rally car for 12 months, but never drove it (roll cage was designed for people under 2m tall....), which was bought to replace the Lancer Evo 3 that I ran since 2001. The car before that would probably be the one that would be of most interest to the people here - an ex-Colin McRae Prodrive Legacy RS K555 STE, which he used in 1993 in 555 colours in Sweden, Tour De Corse and Malaysia. Still have the rear bumper off that car hanging on the wall in one of my shops.

Have owned a MY99 WRX and Legacy RS Turbo road cars in the past as well.

Own & operate 2 Tyres & More stores (same group as Wheels World) in the Northern suburbs. Also sponsor the WA Rally Championship series and a few of the crews as well.

Even helped Tino out a few times with tyres, fit ups, and setting up his Ohlins.

Cheers
Gav