Thread: Coolant Leak?
View Single Post
Old 18-09-2010, 11:42 AM
DCCD Donut Driver

Dawn Patrol at standard level
Default Coolant Leak?

When I went to start the car this morning, it wouldn't start. It needed a jump so the rac came to the rescue. When the rac was there, I noticed on the top left hand side of the radiator, coolant had sort of exploded all around that area (like the underside of the bonnet, and all the surrounding bits and pieces).
I checked the coolant level, and as expected it was low. So I topped it up with some DI water at the pressure cap, and some at the resevoir one.
I went for a drive, and at the end of it, there seems to be no new water/coolant sprayed everywhere, and the resevoir level hasn't dropped either. I havn;t checked under the pressure one yet because the car is still hot.
I've had a pretty good look around the area the coolant seemed to be coming from, and there is no sign of a hole, or a crack or anythinng. There has to be a hole somewhere. My untrained eye can't spot it. Are there any common places to check for a hole. It doesn't look like it is any of my hoses, they all seem in good condition.
It was driving fine late last night as well.
Any recommendations or advice or anything will be much appreciated.