View Single Post
Old 19-09-2010, 08:25 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

mARC at standard level
Default Rotors - Anyone Interested - Anything New

Sooo after a fellow member kindly alerted me that 'my brakes are squealing like a beach', on the way to Collie, at the first available stop I had a look and yes, sure enough it was evident that the brake squealer had started playing cave excavator with my rotors 'yes this is why I was asking everyone and anyone if they had any GD pads for sale at Collie... but I digress

I happened passed Repco today to get a price on some DBA4000's and it seems my fathers trade affiliation allows for a pretty good discount $202 each retail, compared to $166.10 each trade 'this isn't through the typical trade association that most give'.

I am going to cross compare this price with what I can get from Coventry tomorrow and wondered if it was worth posting up the price to get a group buy underway 'I know Repco won't move on volume but Coventry does'.

Anyone interested, any other brands worth looking at?

I had a look at the DBA5000's but it doesn't seem to be worth it as you'll always be around $100 out of pocket 'from the start' when replacing Rotor Disks 'possibly only good for an all seasons track/street vehicle?'.

Also can anyone confirm that Bendix Performax have now been superseded by DB1170SRT's?

I'd look into them in detail if they are a viable pad and I'm able to get good mileage out of them (thoughts?) 'also able to source these at a good price Repco was $272 retail, down to $216.70 trade 'will cross compare with Coventry tomorrow.'

Cheers,