View Single Post
Old 21-09-2010, 12:10 PM
Potty Training Scoobie Noobie

VETTETOREX at standard level

Yes I have a keypad. But if there is power going through the relay will that rule it out?

See I'm not even 100% sure if the blue relay is for the fuel pump. I know you guys know your stuff.

Searching on other wrx forums this seems like a very common problem and it was due to many different things. I'm just trying to go through the troubleshooting stage as in many other threads they've replaced the Brant module, fuel pump, Relays and many times fixed but others still not solved. Sometimes just a short or melted harness somewhere.

I'm just trying to wrap my head around what to look for. I'm not keen on the Brant but I thought it activated the fuel pump relay after the code was put in(or key turned on in Manual arm mode)

Would a new keypad be worth trying? (How much from Subaru? Do I just unplug it from the Brant Module and plug back in? (Where is it? I removed the glovebox trim and had a feel around and it wasn't where I thought it was) I can solder and could check the dry joints but gut feeling tells me not to bother.

I hate the fact I heard Subaru charge you $50 when you tow it there to input the master code. (Luckily The dealer I bought the car off gave me the master code which has saved me twice)

I prefer to do things myself and learn even if it takes longer than just tow the car to Subaru.

I'm sure with a bit of time I'll sort it with Perth WRX forum help.

PS: reading things like this scares me.(From another forum)

After subaru had a look, Brad/Adam from Subaru service penrith called and said that my recall had been done years ago, and the problem was most likely to be a faulty keypad module... which will cost $660 to fix.

Here were my other options and their qoutes from subaru:
1. Disconnect the immobiliser, $370
2. Disconnect the immobiliser and alarm $470
3. Remove the whole security system $650

Last edited by VETTETOREX; 21-09-2010 at 12:17 PM.