View Single Post
Old 21-09-2010, 07:10 PM
Potty Training Scoobie Noobie

VETTETOREX at standard level

Thanks for your replies.

When I had a chance throughout the day I kept flipping the switch to on several times (which seemed to work for some others on other forums) and
presto the fuel pump fired up, started as normal and drove perfectly fine. Then it would prime as normal when I flipped the switch.

What seemed weird was the blue relay got quite warm for some reason like maybe fuel pump pulling too many amps or something. Is this normal?

Then I left for an hour and then back to nothing. Doh.

I'm still not 100% sure that the blue relay is the fuel pump and what is the pink relay for?

It is probably the Brant playing up so I presume this means a tow to Subaru if I can't find an obvious cause soon without pulling half the interior apart.

Hopefully they can sort it out for not too many $$$$ if the techs know there stuff (Bunbury Subaru). It's the last thing I want to do but it's already half pulled apart for them. I will try to locate the Brant module and see if anything is obvious like solder joints but I don't want to make things worse if it's not the Brant at fault.

Possibly fuel pump on it's way out, hence the relay getting hot and maybe melting a plug or wires somewhere?

Any further advice would be great, the Brant is beyond me, especially considering the 3 button is screwed and only works once out of every 20 or so soft presses. (Still managed to get the code in every time I had to but I'm too scared to disconnect battery and reset ECU which probably wouldn't help anyway)