View Single Post
Old 02-10-2010, 06:59 AM
Sign me up!
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

trainwrex at standard level

Update track styles:

Well i ventured to AHG tuning day yesterday after what i thought was a successful campaign at collie a few weeks earlier. Car suspension was still set up from that day and hadnt changed at all apart from putting in the trailing arms.

Well the pic below summarised my day perfectly (thanks to Phil for taking a ton of pics of all my offs had around 4 in total). I was fighting the car for each run of the short track, the rear end was very very loose on exiting (loose full stop) and i was being told that my lines werent straight enough but having a look back at through the vids my car seemed to be pointing in the right direction when i was squeezing on the power. At collie i was pressing the throttle at least 90% and the car was sticking to the road with no sign of the rear end wanting to spin me around.

I think the suspension settings may need to be checked out but i have come to the conclusion that the short track at AHG just cant get the rcomps up to temperature even after 3 laps and hence making the rear end bounce around like it did..

I might have to get some private track time organised and see where i can get the car feeling good.

Ill get some vids up of the out car that i captured, i think next time i do a track day ill have a cam on the front wheels to see what direction they are pointing in to give me more of an idea.. Big thanks to kymbo for organising the day and to Dave for giving me his spot.. Was fun even with the offs..

Last edited by trainwrex; 02-10-2010 at 07:07 AM.