View Single Post
Old 02-10-2010, 09:47 AM
Sign me up!
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

trainwrex at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by EXPLICIT View Post
Yes Burke.

It's not the Tyres Tino, the dunlops come on song very quickly. Do you know which compound they are? Who did the alignment and do you have a printout of it? What were the tyre pressures like after you went out again?

Jme i think they are dunlop M compound the ones that Dean herrige used for targa this year...

We got the tyre pressures down to 35 all round but that did not seem to help at all, car still felt the same which to me suggests that the tyres werent warm enough..

At collie i was running the orignal tyre pressures and was punting the car much much faster through the corners and exit and it did not want to step out on me... Thats why i am confused and suggests that it cant be the suspension setup but the tyres??

I did change the trailing arm but i doubt that would have had any impact on the rear end??

Quote:
Originally Posted by XT43 View Post
If that's the case tino it's probably the way you're taking the corner. IMO it's a pretty easy one to stuff up. It's at the end of a straight so you can come in too hot, it's a big sweeper so it's easy to turn in too early and the exit is a straight which encourages you to get on the gas too quick. Do all 3 and you end up in the dirt..
If your suspension was suspect it would be more obvious bthrough the tight stuff at the top of the track where you are shifting the weight of the car around.

My 2c..
Burke the car was feeling squimish all around the track 3rd corner 2nd gear then 3rd round that sweeping bend for example the rear end was kicking out but i was able to control that as i was already right into the gear... On that pic i actually had the rear wheel hit the grass as i was exiting the corner hence i spun round with some bite and speed.. haha

On that first corner most times i dont think i ever went in too hot and only feathered the power on...

The weird thing is i couldnt feel the rear pop out it just did which im annoyed about.. grrr

P.S i think i might organise an hr or two on the track and hoepfully some of you guys with alot of expirence can tag along and show us the ropes..