View Single Post
Old 05-10-2010, 11:15 AM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

BALISTC knows their stuff

So I've begun straightening the IC fins with some precision screwdrivers.. hard work but with great results!

The whole under side is done, and 1/4 of the top side so far.

Here's a sample

Also, I don't see it mentioned officially anywhere in this thread, apart from some cryptic comments earlier on.. but I had a 6MT installed about 6 months ago.. the magic was performed by Doug @ STechnic.

Specs:

- Non-DCCD suretrac 6MT box (out of a JDM 02 STi) and associated gear (shifter, tailshaft, mounts, clutch fork)

- Fidanza lightened flywheel and Exedy Sports Tuff clutch, which bolted straight up off my old box.

- Crappo front diff was ripped out and replaced with a helical front LSD from 06 STi

- Crappo 4kg centre diff is about to be ripped out and replaced with the previously mentioned Cusco Tarmac Gear 65:35 centre diff.. this is designed for gymkhana type use and will completely eliminate any power-on understeer. In fact, theres a good chance it'll create a heap of power-on oversteer!!!

For the uninitiated, one of the reasons a 6MT is so much stronger than a 5MT is the sheer size of the internals, as evidenced by the size of the box..

I'd like to match it up to an R180 2 way as mentioned previously, and almost pulled the trigger on it recently, but this TMIC business comes first.. one thing at a time, or the car will never be on the road!

Last edited by BALISTC; 05-10-2010 at 11:28 AM.