View Single Post
Old 18-10-2010, 05:05 PM
Flat Four Father

Pimpreza at standard level

Anyhow, once back at her place I started getting all the electrics sorted 94 front to 97 rear then started patching all the little dings in the doors etc.............then we broke up & I dragged it home & stuck it under a tarp where it stayed for four and a half years untouched and unloved and not really not knowing what to do with it, although I always had in the back of my mind to turn it into an offroader so in the mean time I was collecting bits and pieces like Forrester GT wheels, rear wheel carrier, forester struts etc, anyhow I finally decided to drag it out from under it's hiding place and do something with it, first off was to get it running again (thanks seagull) then I stripped it completely & organised a panel beater to come over and sort all the little dings out.

As it lived for a very long time.

Getting ready for paint

When the panel beater was here I asked if we should sand back the work he had done but he said the (so called expert he worked with) would do that as it was the painters job.....Well that useless lazy shit who said it would take 5 days to paint called up 2 days later saying the car was ready and had organised a tow truck to bring it back, no shit I could have done better myself, he hadn't rubbed a thing back so if you look you can see all the area's that had been patched....he wasn't getting it back so I paid a fair bit less than quoted.

As it came back and starting the re construction process

Under the bonnet

Ready for rego

As it is now

At the moment it is off the road getting a new (old) re-built 92 Liberty hi/lo box with 4.44's & a front LSD, a bit more lift at the front, a smaller VF8 instead of the laggy TD05, the roo bar fitted properly, a huge alloy bash plate, diff plate,3" TBE, tow bar, different induction system and a bit more than the 8lb of boost it was running all thanks to the help of seagull................................That's all for now.
Oh at last count there were parts from 32 DIFFERENT cars in this thing
Yamaha Zooma 50cc rocket hopefully going with the Transit.

Last edited by Pimpreza; 18-10-2010 at 05:14 PM.