Thread: fishing thread
View Single Post
Old 19-10-2010, 03:24 PM
STI Master

gorotsuki69 at standard level

I'm looking to buy a fishing kayak like a Hobie. Do you know if you can go into the sheltered areas of the ocean like penguin island?

Quote:
Originally Posted by REXXXED View Post
Bait or Lure? Boat or Shore?

My favourite black bream spots are the following: Underneath Canning Bridge if you want big bream, however hard to catch....cannot use prawns or any soft bait here as the blowies will just rape you.... get some small mussells or live small black crabs...very strong tide's here, try fishing at the turn of a tide for best results

Behind Jo-Jo's resaurant in my fishing kayak is a very good spot also for black bream

Underneath Garrett road bridge in redcliff/ascot for black break in the yak is also very productive. Or paddle 500-1000 metres upriver and fish the reeds/banks behind the ascot racecourse is good also.

Big kilo+ skippy can be found in the Marina's around Perth (hillarys/mindarie etc) on warmer days with an incoming tide. Same places on stormy winter days and you might find yourself lucky with some small 45cm pink snapper (they come in to feed during/after very rough weather) which is great fun on light gear!!

Plenty of fish/squid to be found around Perth!