View Single Post
Old 21-10-2010, 08:32 AM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

nauli knows their stuff

There are a number of options at RAC/MC Motorsport...

For laps in his own car I would suggest maybe a one hour one-on-one session with one of the trainers....plenty of track time and he will learn a lot.

The skidpan PDC's (Performance Driving Days) are also good, but it's the skidpan and not the full track.

Linking into a group for a tuning afternoon (usually a Friday from 3 to 5 pm) will get him out on the track for a very reasonable cost (around $70-ish) but the down side is that he will only get to do two laps at a time and there isn't any in car instruction per se.

But don't discount the V8 laps...they are really good fun and the Commodores go reasonably well and stop and handle well. The cost is $99 for 2 laps then a sliding scale up to 10 or 12 laps. For this option I would suggest no fewer than 4 laps.

So really, plenty of choice. Feel free to PM me as I work at RAC/MC as a part time instructor, mainly doing the V8's (yes even though I own an STI, I do enjoy the V8's!)....I'll be happy to discuss options etc.

The other option is to do one of the Impreza WRX Owners Club (of which I'm also a member) track days...for example, we have a whole weekend at Collie coming up on November 13/14 and the cost for non IWRXOC members is $180 for two whole days...best value around.... see the website at www.wrxownersclub.com.au

Cheers, Steve