View Single Post
Old 23-10-2010, 09:54 PM
STI Master

RXqME at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLKGC8 View Post
They are not to bad you need to get the intake piping out of the way, the windscreen washer bottle and then the easiest way to get in there is if you do one side at a time. Jack the front of the car up and put it on stands then you will need to undo one of the engine mount bolts so you can jack that side of the engine up for more room. Once you have got the rocker cover off make sure you change ALL the seals (spark plug tubes and half moons).Then put a thin smear of Three Bond (M40510 can be bought from Subaru or Holden)on the half moons.
When you have done both sides I make sure there is NO oil in the exhaust heat sheilds if fitted as it will get hot and catch on fire.
+1

You should only need to undo the Left Hand Engine mount, as the left hand rocker cover was the trickiest for me! Once you undo the L/H mount i had to use a leaver to get the rocker cover out through the bottom (had it on a hoist) so not sure if you have access to one as it makes it so much easier! I also removed the oil filler tube because i pulled the cover from underneath!

Definitely get a rocker cover KIT! This includes main gaskets, spark plug tube gaskets (the two inner gaskets) and the bolt seal/rubbers.