View Single Post
Old 28-10-2010, 03:57 AM
Sir AntiLag

rubberbudgie at standard level
Send a message via MSN to rubberbudgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BALISTC View Post
Mate that's fair enough.. and I do agree with what you're saying somewhat.

BUT, most people here haven't got the balls to self tune a stock engine let alone a Cosworth one.. you're somewhat a mad scientist

The main thing I'd worry about when self tuning is that even if I had 95% of the knowledge of the tuner, its going to be that last 5% that I don't know, which would end up biting me in the arse.
Oh for sure, it always is that last 5% that is the hardest (and sometimes the most expensive) to learn but as with most things the best way to learn something is to get in there and have a go.

But as for the balls to tune a Cosworth, I reckon that it's safer to tune a stronger motor than a stock motor which will have much less room for errors should something be tuned wrong. But that being said, I tuned my white wrx which has totally stock internals with no problems at all and that uses NOS as well, all be it with a much smaller HP shot. Again as long as safeguards are in place and you don't go too crazy with the amount of HP being injected then there should be no problems.

But what I will say is this, please don't read my responses as me not being appreciative of everyones feedback because I value everyones advice and experience on these forums immensely and greatly appreciate the time people take to respond to my never ending amount of questions. And having been a long time reader before I ever posted on here I'm sure a lot of other people out there appreciate the time people take to answer questions too.

Unfortunately the black budgie project is going to have to go on hold as I'm off to Malaysia for 9 days in about 2 hours time so will catch you all when I return.