View Single Post
Old 28-10-2010, 09:25 AM
Potty Training Scoobie Noobie

hamgatan at standard level

Boris WTF are you doing on here you nugget you dont even own/nor have ever owned a WRX?

Updates, well..

I was fitting all my old stereo gear a couple of months ago and my god what an awesome car this is to wire a stereo into. Easy as pie.. Oh and when I was wiring away, I found an extra bonus.. Front splits in the car are Boston Acoustic! Woop Woop!

In other news, Radiator cracked itself somehow in the last fortnight. A result of the missus driving the car every day and not reporting one single problem/issue to me (Thus i had a seized thermostat amongst other things also..). So luckily I've managed to jump on the problem now. Its cracked somewhere under the return pipe in the top tank.. you can hear it hissing out coolant softly ten mins after the engines switched off..

So, I Just ordered a Koyo 53mm All-Aliminium R Series Rad from the States with GReddy 1.3 Bar cap.. Anyone have much experience with these? I know theyre supposedly an OEM fit, but what sort of temperature drops am I likely to expect for daily driving?

Also I temporarily ran radiator stop leak through the system to plug the holes for now till it gets here, Is there any special way i should flush the system before i fit this new bad boy up to remove any residue? One more thing, does anyone know if theres a physical difference between Subaru Coolant and Toyota Red? I was thinking of using the Toyota one because I get it at Trade for $35'ish a 4L Bottle (concentrate).. It apparently also has certain chemicals in it to stop corrosion of the alloy, so i'm wondering if its the same..

'08 Prado Grande. For Driving over Shit.