View Single Post
Old 29-10-2010, 08:22 AM
Subaru Tech Division

apg39 at standard level

For an everyday Joe Public who doesn't car that much about their paint...should be ok. But there's no way I'd be using it on a dirty car, only a very lightly soiled one. The website itself says to rinse a dirty car....so not really waterless?

I don't imagine magical pixies fly along & lift all the dirt, tar, bugs etc right off & float them in mid air for you to wipe away - you'd be putting fine scratches in the paint...you just can't see them because the Canaubra wax fills it in. Have another look after a few washes without using the FW1.

As for the prices...fuck me dead. $30 for 3x microfibres! I can get 12 for that. $40 for a can of FW1! Ha! $140 for other useless cans! (that's about $45 each BTW) Fuuuuck. Go to Supercheap if you really want this stuff...I bet you can get the same thing from Meguiars or Turtle for half that or even less.

Touchless tyre & trim shine? So you pay double the price just so you don't have to touch it? Here's one good product for nearly a quarter of that price - http://www.chemguys.com.au/Trim_Rest...tvd_108_16.htm

Carpet & upholstery? $10 for a better product - http://www.chemguys.com.au/Carpet_an...spi_191_16.htm

FW1 are only talked about & bought by customers because they are pretty much the only company that are getting out there to promote the product. They were down here at Woolies the last 2 weeks, I went up there at least 8 times waiting for them to come try it on me but they wouldn't, I even parked straight next to them once. They test spots on your car so the customer feels obliged to replicate the result on their own car. Truth is most will buy one can, use it once & just forget about it. FW1 doesn't car because they've sold their expensive as fuck cans, repeat business means jack to them.

BTW - I hate when people refer to wash/wax style car cleaning as 'detailing'. It's no where near it.