View Single Post
Old 04-11-2010, 09:24 AM
Sir AntiLag

rubberbudgie at standard level
Send a message via MSN to rubberbudgie

Howdy everyone, I'm back early as you may have figured out and ready to get this show on the road and the car back and driving again.

I read through the discussion about the MAP settings etc and I can confirm that the Eff and Load Calc Methods are set to 4 (MAP) which I would imagine to be fine as I can't really see the need for any atmospheric pressure compensation seeing as there is nowhere around here that would be high (or low) enough for changes in altitude to make any significant effect on things (or am I overlooking something here?).

So to make sure I am clear on this, my readings from my MAP sensor (and Defi gauge) when the engine is not running (which I'd assume to be atmospheric pressure) read just over the 100kpa mark.

As for the engine, apart from getting the block and head surfaces machined and everything crack tested, is there anything else that can/should be done while everything is apart? Would a port & polish make much of an improvement to performance or doesn't that really apply in the Subaru world like it does to big V8's?