Thread: Corn Juice
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2010, 12:58 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

BALISTC knows their stuff

There is a 95 page E85 FAQ on NASIOC, but from waht I can see, its mainly based on running E85 from the pump (which they have for $2 a gallon over there!!) instead of Unleaded.. so its mainly as a "stock replacement".. and thats about all you'd want to do with pump spec E85 anyway as it can be inconsistent.

Heaps of people running de-caps without an issue, but again, they're not looking at 1.6 bar through a TD06.

Found this little nugget whilst flicking through the pages.. even with minimal mods it makes a difference!!

Quote:
Got my car tuned for E85, by Jorge at P&L, on Thursday. 269 whp @ 5300 rpm & 306 lbs/ft @ 3500 rpm. That's 40 hp & 58 lbs/ft more than my 93 octane tune. Stock TD04, catless up-pipe, tbe, walbro, 800cc injectors, Cobb APv2, Process West TMIC, Grimmspeed EBCS. This car is an awesome DD now! Now I gotta save up for a STi 6mt swap, because this tranny won't last. I wanna thank the guys at P&L, they were great. I didn't come prepared enough, and they went out of their way to help me out.